£5538.20 raised so far for Dawgust!
1 August 2017
YIPPEE - IT'S HERE - DAWGUST HAS ARRIVED!!!
Is your DAWG hound Irish? (tattoos in both ears). If yes, then the chances are they were saved by our very good friend, Eila Moloney. This year “DAWGUST” is raising funds for Eila to help her save even more hounds.
Today we officially launch the 2017 “DAWGUST” challenge and we are off to a brilliant start following the weekend Snowdon climb (an amazing £1,386.32!!).
There are many events and activities planned throughout the month, so please keep watching Facebook and our News Page. It is not too late to organise something if you want to contribute to this brilliant cause. However, you may just want to make a small donation, if so please click the link below.
Last year we raised an amazing £7,875 which helped Eila save many dogs during the last twelve months.
HAPPY “DAWGUST” TO YOU ALL
Many thanks to everyone who has donated and contributed towards DAWGUST, even before it was launched on today. There are several events planned during the month of DAWGUST, but if you just want to simply make a contribution then please donate via the link above.
• The online Charity Auction is underway and bids are flying in – please join the group, lots of lovely items
• 29th July - Team DAWG took on the Snowdon challenge.
• 5th & 6th August collection at Pets At Home, Emersons Green. Thanks to everyone who is helping
• 6th August Team DAWG will be undertaking a car boot sale – many thanks to everyone who has donated items
• 18th August Gavin’s Funk Night at The Thunderbolt, Totterdown. Tickets £6.75
• 26th & 27th August collection Pets At Home Bradley Stoke
• 27th August Catherine and Lynette’s Dog Walk in Frampton - starts and ends at The Lamb Public House!!!
• 28th August Julie & Adrian’s plum picking and afternoon cream tea in Coalpit Heath £5 per head
• 23th September – final event is Colin’s Quiz night – every penny raised will be doubled by him, so please attend and send his Mastercard sky high. Good fun night with a buffet- all for £5 each
• Marcus and Claire’s Cycle Ride – they will be riding to Snowdon and back on spinning bikes during August – watch out for Claire’s post on our Facebook page
• Julie, Woody’s mum collecting from her customers
It’s not too late to organise an event, i.e. coffee morning, dress down day at work, sponsored slim, no alcohol for a month, cake sale etc. If you need help please contact us.
The trustees are very proud of all of our supporters throughout the year, but even more proud during DAWGUST where we raise money for another cause, which is very close to all of our hearts.
If you have an Irish dog from DAWG – it is almost certain they will have been rescued by the wonderful Eila Moloney – here’s your chance to give something back!
If you would just like to make a small donation there is a Justgiving page set up for DAWGUST (link above)
6 August 2017
Thank you to Dave, Lynne, Barbara and the hounds who were flying the flag for Bristol DAWG today at the Nunney Street Fair - they raised an amazing £171.32.
It was lovely of Hazel to pop along with Barney and Beanie.
Lots of interest in the dogs, which can only be a good thing. Thank you all so much.
6 August 2017
Well done to everybody that attended the car boot sale at Washingpool Farm, Easter Compton this morning. As you can see from the photograph above, it was great fun and raised £350 for Dawgust!
10 August 2017
Probably one of Bristol DAWG's greatest success stories, Gerry is off this evening to complete the paperwork for Sassy and can't wait to see her in her new home with Jane, Martin and her new sister, Rosie the retriever.
This little girl arrived with us back in January in terrible condition and it has been a very long road as she has all sorts of allergies, which are ongoing.
We must say a massive "thank you" to Ann and Barry who have nursed this sweet girl back to health and to Animal Health Centre in Horfield who have provided excellent care during the last seven months.
Sassy you have touched the hearts of many people and we know you will never feel pain again as your new family adore you. Thank you Jane and Martin.
11 August 2017
Lily will be making her way over the Irish Sea early this morning in search of new beginnings.
Thank you Eila for saving her and thank you Kristie Davies and husband James for getting up in the early hours to take her in.
14 August 2017
Gerry and Amber spent a lovely half hour this morning at BBC Radio Bristol with Steve Yabsley who very kindly invited them on to his show. Gerry managed to give lots of information about Bristol DAWG, together with forthcoming events.
Thank you for inviting them Steve, it was a shame Amber went to sleep and ignored you - typical greyhound!!!
Click HERE to listen